View Single Post

Old 01-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I gained little insight over the years and of course my own opinion and tried to stay out of it but some posts PMO.

The fed gov has had several retire plans over the years. And as usual the higher the pay grade the better the benefits/entitlements (just look at congress and staff) which they enact and some trickled down. When there are reforms it's always the masses the take the hit! why that's where they can say they saved the taxpayer lots of money.

The hard working core that actually has job that have to produce and don't go on long lunches, dream up meeting at resorts, or come in late and leave early (so if you are higher paid grade (what even that means to you) and you did not skate, I salute you). The working mass has schedule to the minute, not on so called flex time honor system.

Fed retirement funds can't be compared to SS. Plus the fed retirement system changed in 80's which now all federal employee pay into SS and are entitled to it plus their Furs retirement plan No different than any other employee at company with option investment fund.

Now SS. if all the fleabags didn't get SS before eligible retirement age (with Good lawyer and Doctor( let you determine what I consider good) there would be plenty of money for congress to rob and plenty of money for retirees. But, with all the things over the years tacked into SS like SSI, disability, money or kids who knows what else ect.. which IMO should have nothing to do with SS retirement fund but should be separate official entitlement funded up front so we see how much it's costing.

I worked 48 years in the pits watching what goes on in Management both privately and for the what some call the entitled Fed Gov. I earned every Dollar I got paid and every Dollar I will receive for my 40 years of service.

For those of you that Feel you didn't earn it or feel your so rich and smart, then man up and don't take it. And for the ones that don't get it cause you company had other retirement funded program that got you out of paying in, you had choice just like me and others, you have no skin in the game.

For the ones that going to say that was your choice. Yes, I took the good with the bad and now I earned my entitlement as some call it.

Burning some bridges, but I have good row boat and thick skin I developed over the years and of course my own opinion which will not change. So go ahead and waste your breath.