Thread: Rubber Mulch
View Single Post

Old 01-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
I was not meaning to say my plants did well "because" of rubber mulch, just stating that in spite of my using it they did well. Sorry you were confused! Again to each their own, weeding is more difficult with rock than mulch which is why I like it better also. In our back area we do not have the concrete curbing just the landscape border most use and still no floating or blowing but again I said that is probably because it is a more sheltered area in the back. There's no right or wrong go with what you personally like.
I understand where Bonanza is coming from with this post. Those of us that love to garden and work in the yard are constantly trying to amend the "sand" we are working with in The Villages. Top soil is expensive and even if you bring it in it needs to be refreshed and rebuilt and and mulch is the only hope for that. Even if you don't bring topsoil in using mulch instead of the other options helps to at least build soil. But if gardening isn't your thing, not to worry, the plants seem to hang in there even under less favorable conditions of rock or rubber mulch.