View Single Post

Old 01-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeh View Post
.... reading the threads here, I am finding that people are concerned about pests, hiring quality workers, yada, yada. I don't won't to worry about that stuff, I want an expert and his crew to simply DO IT FOR ME! Please tell me, is this likely?
If lawn care is a PITA and a serious consideration for you, have you considered a condo as opposed to a detached home in The Villages?
Lawn care and pest control in The Villages can be a challenge.
In the eight years we've lived in TV, we've had a plethora of lawn care "experts".
We used to employ different companies for termite control, lawn mowing, trimming shrubs, fertilizing palms, exterior pest control, weeding, interior pest control, etc.
When one of the contractors quits without warning, it's disappointing.
When you pay in advance (don't), and a contractor disappears with your money, it can be daunting.
When there is a problem with your lawn, like a fungus, if you employ a lot of different contractors, they will all blame each other.

Because we are Seasonal Residents, we can't do the work ourselves, and we don't want to deal with a lot of different contractors.
There are a few companies in The Villages that offer "one stop shopping" where one company does everythng for around $150 per month.
However no lawn service is perfect at all times.
It isn't feasible for most companies to run at full staff all year long, so most rely on temporary employees.
We've found a full-service company that makes us happy.
But it's taken us a long time; and things can change, companies can be sold, there are no guarantees.

However, it's all worth it to live in The Villages.