View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Hey Doc ya think it would have affected the Colt's balls also.
Possibly, but we now that Tom Brady asks for his balls to be at exactly 12.5 PSI, the minimum pressure. What we don't know is, if the Colts balls were inflated at 13.5 or if they were inflated in the same room. If they were inflated or stored in different rooms, the air inside the balls could have been different at different temperatures and subject to different rates of decrease in pressure.

Teams have heaters near the benches. A few years back some teams were found to be warming their kicking footballs in front of one of these heaters because they had lost pressure. Do we know if the Colts balls were near a heat source? If they were, they may not have deflated as much as The Patriots balls.

My point is that there is a lot of information we don't have and a lot of questions still to be answered. This is not a simple as many of the haters would like it to be.

I guess you can keep playing gotcha if that's what floats your boat, but the NFL is going to take their time and do a thorough investigation to see if they can determine how the balls got deflated. But it seems that a lot of people already know how they got inflated. Maybe all of these people that hate The Patriots should just go tell the NFL investigators that they are wasting their time and should just interview them and they'll tell them that The Patriots inflated the balls.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.