View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I'm trying to say, probably poorly, that we need to raise taxes to match our spending. I do believe the US will not be able to meet it's financial promises but it will not be called default. Very basic mathmatics should make this pretty clear. As a society we don't even want to raise gas taxes to fix our roads with at 2.00 and will instead issue more US bonds.
Really!!! You do not think there is enough to spend as it is currently appropriated (note I did not say budgeted)?

It has been noted for months that this country has taken more in in reveunues than at any time in it's history.

Secondly I would not allow the increase of taxes on anybody until such time as the out of control programs and waste are contained first. Secondly go after those not currently paying their taxes starting with those who work in Washington first!

Revenues are sufficient. Spending is out of control. No magic here.

Cut spending and I do not mean every politicians favorites of medicare and SS.
I mean all the pork and favorite politician back home projects and special interest quid quo pros.

Insist on balancing the federal checkbook. Do you have an ability to arbitrarily increase your cash needs when you want to spend more?

Most of us do not!