View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
It is true, however, that lawn care here is very cheap!

It is $50 a month for most homes. For that price you are not getting your private gardener. You are getting someone to mow the lawn and do basic trimming.

I, too, have heard that neighborhoods end up using one or two companies for basic care. It just makes sense. Your home and your neighbors homes are done on the same day and you don't have to listen to lawn care equip daily.

We are in a new neighborhood and still have several companies here through out the week. But I do see that changing as contracts end and some companies are weeded out.

You can landscape to the hilt with very high maintenance plants, or you can leave the builders simple landscaping in place. It is not the most beautiful, but it is easy care.

It is your retirement and your home and you can do as much or as little as you wish.

My hubby took over the lawn care a few months ago. I don't know how long that will last. But the $50/mo service we had here would have cost $200/mo in Utah.

You will find the cost of utilities and lawn care to be very reasonable here. We have been shocked!!

"Come on in, the water is fine!"
I agree.