View Single Post

Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts
Default Re: Conversion to Home owners associations

As was said above this thread could get interesting.....as it should. But hopefully without chasing too many "just rumors". If you read the closing papers there is nothing you have or haven't heard yet that isn't in them in some form.
I just had to sign in again when I saw this "opportunity".
No matter what it is called or what form it takes, the residents, like it or not will eventually become owners in some fashion once the developer bows out.
Some may view it as a negative that you will have some say in how things are to be organized/done/etc.
But once again herein lies the big challenge. If history and statistics bear out the future, then the SILENT MAJORITY will be the worst enemy of either keeping it the way you like it or making sure what the MAJORITY do not want takes precedent.
The silent majority today does nothing about what causes for the direction of our country to use a good or bad example.

I personally do not think a person should be concerned about the transition away from the developer. There are few (if any) who remain after a development is completed. Most responsible developers (and I do consider TV to be responsible) provide for appropriate future fundings and transitions.

Another comment, from experience, when things go badly in some of the post transition periods it is usually because the "new regime" who ever or what ever, strays from the strategy and plan the developer has in place (that we all bought into by the way).

It will work fine. It will stay fine as long as the SILENT MAJORITY gets up and participates in being vocal to their representatives in the new organization.

Anyway as you may glean from my postings, the SILENT MAJORITY is and has been a problem for me my whole life. I totally subscribe to standing up and being counted for what I believe. I have a philosophy that if one does not participate they have no licence to criticize...raise Cane....complain or %*^%&(&%$.

How about a rumor or two? The Villages becomes it's own City? I know 3 counties....so make it a tri city something or other.

There's my $4.63 (two cents adjusted for the high cost of rumor control and gas).

BTK :bigthumbsup: