View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If the loopholes are legal. New York State advertises tax breaks to corporations to woo them there. Business makes an area financially healthy and provides jobs.

I am like Rags in that I just want to know, and want everyone to know, the agenda of a person's attitude and don't like it when someone says he is one thing and he is really another.

And I am not talking about YOU C. I know how you feel and you are entitled to your views just like I am entitled to mine. I am a moderate Republican except I am VERY fiscally conservative...in my life and in my views. Money is hard to come by if you work for it. AND easily spent.
One thing to remember is that the U.S. added almost 3 million jobs in 2014, the best since 1999. That's good news no matter what. We all fondly remember the 50's when every thing was booming and life was so good. The corporate tax rate was 52%. But remember that after tax breaks the actual rate is nowhere near it. If were to lower the rate and close some loopholes the net effect would be the same.

One other thing. At one time I was asked my political stance and I said probably a Rockefeller Republican. That makes me a liberal now. And GG, I think you might have been a moderate Republican at one time.

Last edited by Chi-Town; 01-26-2015 at 08:20 PM.