View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The20Percent View Post
Great information...thank you. I didn't get any of this good information when I ordered two 50lb bags of Lesco Fertilizer and requested that when the Lesco rep drop it off, that he please advise me how to apply it properly. The rep did come by last month and didn't bother to advise me to wait to use it until March (surprise, surprise, they are in the business of selling this stuff and probably don't care if customers use it year round) and just briefly told me to scatter it away from the palm trunks and left.

The very worst part was (and I will advise you and other landscapers to tell this to all your future newbies like myself) Lesco, nor Lesco's rep that came out, never told me that this fertilizer will burn into my decorative walls if these fertilizer pellets get on them! I spent a small fortune on these landscaping walls that circle around my palms and around my entire house. A few days after I fertilzed, there were darks brown spots scattered on the tops of many of them! It wasn't until sprinkler expert Jim Baumgartner came over, that I learned from him where these dark spots came from and he said they could possibly be removed with a grinder. Luckily the top caps of these walls were not glued down so I was able to flip over the majority of these caps, but I still have many that will always be there.

It's a shame that someone in this business would not see my beautiful landscaping walls I just had completed and not take a minute to advise me of what his product was capable of doing to them!

I hope others reading this do not make this same mistake and will take their time scattering and ensuring that these pellets are not left on their landscaping walls. Probably even doing the best you can, these pellets will still run off from the rain, or be blown on the top of these walls and cause this damage, just be aware.

Excellent point wrt staining. Sorry to hear about your walls. I still have several spots on my driveway from fertilizing 2 years ago. It should be written on the Lesko bag. Maybe it is and I failed to read it.