View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 11:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag460 View Post
There have been numerous threads on the water here in The Villages. One question that I seen ask many times, is any type of system is needed, whether it be a water softener or filtration system? I had a three filter system installed with 20 inch filters. It has a 5 micron carbon filter, 10 micron filter and 20 micron filter. I just changed the filters after two years of use and decided to post a picture of filters that remove impurities in the water. (manufacture recommends fifteen months usage) For me money well spent!
Tag, as you know you waited a bit too long 12-15 months is time frame recommended do to growth of bacteria starting at 15 months.
Base on how much dirt was on those filters they did a good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMLRHT1 View Post
I have found a lot of dirt in my filters as well and they r changed every 3 months. Although it does seem as time goes on that there is less and less. But it is still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollie View Post
Changing the filters on a whole house filter system is a whole lot cheaper that changing the filter on the fridge. We now only change our fridge filter once every two years.
Rollie
Rollie that's too long for a big filter, a tiny fridge filters isn't really working after 6 months to any degree of safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The filter information usually tells you how many gallons they are good for. Check your bill for usage.
Our filters use gauges, you can not rely on gallon throughput

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
Ok I am thick why would a system have two sediment filters. Also is the filter that is suppose to take out hard water ions work or do you need a salt system?
We build them with two so the 5 micron stays clean of larger particles, it's simply the better way to do it, 20-10-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
We installed a Sears water softener and a Sears whole house water filter, parts costs around $800 This provides water that is soft, and so clear that the crystal we was in the dish washer over the last year is as clear as the crystal that has never been used, and we do not use jet dry or any other additives. We use salt to recharge the water softener. NOTE we did notice the hard water as soon as we moved in.
We don't believe in softeners, I think what you may have noticed was not the hard water, it isn't that hard here, it the other things ans chemicals.

I have installed over 200 of the triple systems, I can sell softeners and infact can make more money, but I don't believe in them so in good conscience try and talk folks out of them.

They add salt to the water not good for blood pressure, also as I previously posted here they increase the risk of kidney stones.

I have removed 4 of them in place of the Nova Triple still only $495 installed

When you install a water softener all you get is the same dirty contaminated water just a little softer.

I have been working with water filtration over 40 years, this is what I think is right system for this area that I myself live in.

Believe what you will about other systems.