View Single Post

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default I still pinch myself every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Home costs certainly are relative. I will most likely get $125K to $130K for my nice home in NW WI when I sell (hardwood floors, quartz counters, new windows, blah blah blah). I know I will have to pony up some more to get less house.

No worries. We wanted less space to heat and cool anyway. We were just surrised at the cheapo counters and plastic bathrooms. Once its paid for I will add what we want.

I don't plan to be inside much after I get used to the summer heat.

Moved here part-time 1.5 years ago from Michigan. When I returned this December to my hometown, I realized just how much "work" it is to live there. Certainly, the heating costs (for us its propane and wood heat) and then the daily shoveling. But I also realized how hard it is to go everywhere - through the snow. An example is grocery shopping, you have to put on the heavy coats, gloves, boots and drive in the mess to the store and when you get finished......push, push hard that cart full of groceries thru the snow to get to your car. Man, I really don't miss that. It's a hard life.
None of that kind of stuff here. Truly easy living. When posters write it is more about where you are living the life style rather than "the home", believe them. And it doesn't matter to me or others what kind of home you live in. If you are a nice person - then we want to be friends with you. Maybe its for walks, pot-lucks or cards....so much to choose from. Wisconsin is a beautiful state and I'm sure you have roots there but you will do the same here - TV. 100,000 people and counting and most of us will want to be friends with you.....its just paradise.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball