View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 12:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The water in The Villages is considered "hard" to "very hard" at about 12 grains per gallon. A water softener will reduce the hardness to essentially zero. While there is no evidence to suggest that the hardness will cause any medical issues, many people like the multiple advantages of soft water. If you don't want the small increase in sodium in the softened water you can use potassium chloride instead of sodium chloride for the resin regeneration process. Filtering to remove dirt and chlorine (pretty high in The Villages) is also a good idea in addition to a water softener. The removal of chlorine before the water softener will also extend the life of the resin used for ion exchange in the water softener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Filtration View Post
Tag, as you know you waited a bit too long 12-15 months is time frame recommended do to growth of bacteria starting at 15 months.
Base on how much dirt was on those filters they did a good job

Rollie that's too long for a big filter, a tiny fridge filters isn't really working after 6 months to any degree of safety

Our filters use gauges, you can not rely on gallon throughput

We build them with two so the 5 micron stays clean of larger particles, it's simply the better way to do it, 20-10-5

We don't believe in softeners, I think what you may have noticed was not the hard water, it isn't that hard here, it the other things ans chemicals.

I have installed over 200 of the triple systems, I can sell softeners and infact can make more money, but I don't believe in them so in good conscience try and talk folks out of them.

They add salt to the water not good for blood pressure, also as I previously posted here they increase the risk of kidney stones.

I have removed 4 of them in place of the Nova Triple still only $495 installed

When you install a water softener all you get is the same dirty contaminated water just a little softer.

I have been working with water filtration over 40 years, this is what I think is right system for this area that I myself live in.

Believe what you will about other systems.