View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
When I first became aware of this bank, they had a special offer for anyone who would open a new account. They offered a sum of money.

I called to find out exactly where they were located and talked to someone on the phone. I later decided that the $100 or $150 wouldn't be worth the trouble because the location was not convenient to where I live.

No mention was made of free dog-walking services etc.. Are these services guaranteed in writing? Of course I have no dog and no prescriptions but I might have some other odd jobs that need tending.

This, in my opinion, is actually very sad as it indicates a certain level of desperation on behalf of the bank.
I find your post offensive. There is no way to know if any bank is "desperate" until they go out of business and close. If you knew the location was not convenient for you, why did you continue with any conversation (you decided the $100 or $150 wasn't worth it!) instead of simply thanking them and hanging up???

They are offering "Concierge Service" to their customers as a way to thank them for their business and as a way, perhaps, of attracting new customers. Instead of dissing them as desperate, I find them refreshing and innovative by offering things which no other banks do!

No, their services are not in writing. Do you have a problem with that? Do you really think as a professional business they would offer something to you and then renege on their offer which was made in good faith? Why would you even think that? Is that something you would do?

And lastly, you "might have some other odd jobs that need tending." Are you serious? Do you think they are running a handiman or housekeeping business?

Frankly, I cannot believe what you have said in your post! Whew!