View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
When I first became aware of this bank, they had a special offer for anyone who would open a new account. They offered a sum of money.

I called to find out exactly where they were located and talked to someone on the phone. I later decided that the $100 or $150 wouldn't be worth the trouble because the location was not convenient to where I live.

No mention was made of free dog-walking services etc.. Are these services guaranteed in writing? Of course I have no dog and no prescriptions but I might have some other odd jobs that need tending.

This, in my opinion, is actually very sad as it indicates a certain level of desperation on behalf of the bank.

I tend to agree with you, VP. Read that post and thought "If it seems too good to be true - it probably is". Then I remembered the disappointment so many folks here felt when the terms of the $20 "Loyal Tee" card agreement was changed. And then I recalled the instances where folk's homes were broken into when they weren't home. Sometimes allowing people to know too much about oneself can be a not-so-good thing. I think I would prefer to rely on the friendship of the people I know before I would rely on strangers for assistance; and will rely on the concierge services of Atlantic City, Vegas and other high end hotels for my temporary needs.