View Single Post

Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: When did you start the motorcycle hobby???

I've had a MC license for 30 years and rode several years before I had one. I played with Hondas, Kawasakis and Yamahas back in the 60's and 70's. Got hooked on Harley's and after raising a family and paying off mortgages, I bought a new black Harley Road King Classic in 2000, 1450 cc. Leather saddle bags and wide white walls. Told the dealer to take the stock pipes off and make it sound like a 1959 Harley. It does. My neighbors love it. So does my wife.

My son bought one of those pocket crotch rockets a few years back. He stopped by the house when it was new and told me to take it for a ride. You had to almost lay down on your stomach with your feet behind you. Came close to a total wipeout on my first turn. Fastest bike I ever road and I will never do one of those things again. Give me a tall in the saddle hog any time.

BTW 12rideHD, don't give up on the big bikes here in the Villages yet. There are some great easy rides in the countryside right outside the Villages. Very light traffic. Just you, the horses and the cattle. My wife rides with me and enjoys the short rides. Maybe we need a thread on good MC rides close to the Villages. Going to Gator Joe's in Oklawaha (sp) for lunch is a short fun ride.