View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorasBetty View Post
I wear hearing aids that are controlled by my iPhone. This control includes settings for various environments such as restaurants, church, outdoors and watching TV. In addition to these settings I control the volume and bass/treble to maximize speech understanding.

My husband and I went to a movie on Saturday and I needed to make bass/treble adjustments to understand the dialog. There is no beeping, ringing or tinging when making these adjustments.

The “gentleman” behind me saw that I had my phone on and he rapped (harder than tapped) my shoulder and said rudely “put that away”. I didn’t say anything since the movie had begun and I didn’t want to disrupt the patrons around me. I did continue to adjust the settings but was nervous considering the other movie/phone incident that occurred in Florida last year.

After the movie I said to the “gentleman” - “Sir, you need to be aware that cell phones are used for more that talking and texting. I was adjusting my hearing aids”. He did not respond but hopefully will be aware in the future that if someone is using their phone it may be for reasons other than entertainment.
LorasBetty: Intellectually handled. Good for you