View Single Post

Old 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

I had T&D install very heavy duty, sliding glass doors. They are vinyl coated and they are very thick with low e glass. It was the highest quality doors he could get from his supplier. (I had asked for the highest quality vinyl clad windows.) The doors were initially hard to open and close but they have loosened up some now after a year. The reason that they required some force to close was that they form a very tight air seal and they are tightly locked together. We installed a mini split AC system later and the space is very inexpensive to heat and AC. The glass is so well insulated it stops the UV light from fading the furniture. I know this because we used thick, high quality glass in New Hampshire and even after fifteen years our porch furniture never faded. Unbelievable really. Get a quote from T&D. Make sure you request vinyl doors with high quality, double paned low e glass. My lanai installation was the first time they used this high quality vinyl door. They normally used aluminum. T&D said most people down here didn't see the need for spending the extra for the vinyl.