View Single Post

Old 01-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
The wife and I are thinking strongly about retiring in TV in the next couple of years. By then there may be no more new homes to buy so it will probably be an existing home. Are there particular kinds of items that seem to need more maintenance or replacement than others in TV? We have a 30-year-old house now for which we've replaced siding, roof, water heater (twice), A/C & furnaces, garage doors & openers, carpeting and more. We'd like not to have to do all THAT much work on a house in TV but know there are no maintenance-free houses in the world. Is there anything in particular people have problems with there? Cheap windows, bad plumbing, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies!
The newer the home, I think the less that has to be replaced. Our home is nearing 8 years old and we've repaired the air conditioner under warranty one time and that's the only thing so far. I expect in the next 5 years to have to replace our appliances. We did buy a 10 year warranty on the air conditioner. When one buys a home I think there are companies that sell whole house warranties that cover all major appliances, heating systems, pools, etc. American Home Warranty is one of those companies. You can get a quote by going to their website. I have not used them, so I don't endorse them. I'm just giving you an example of one.