Thread: Sons of Liberty
View Single Post

Old 01-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinMd View Post
I saw all three episodes and thought they were great. I think they took artistic license with a lot of the facts but overall it was done well. It was a way to reach the masses and was able to teach history as well. It was more interesting than the Colonial History classes I took,lol.
I can assure you some posters (I can think of 2 or 3) that will blast the show with negative statements. They are the same ones that have negative feelings about everything in this country and negative statement about everything in The Villages.
Programs like this do make american colonial history more fun. In school I had no interest in history or other subjects. I thought at 16 I already knew everything. I think the history channel does some pretty good work at trying to meld actual historic events to grab and keep your attention. I'm also impressed with the work and research the premium channels put into some of their programs even though some language and scenes can be to graphic for some. HBO's Deadwood and Starrz's Black Sails for example.