View Single Post

Old 01-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Scanning Your TV ID card.

l2ridehd.. I worked at a large well known boot,shoe and clothing manufactuers corporate headquarters in NE. I entered that building every day with my ID badge. Our company security was very intense and necessary because we also housed a R&D facility for boot design. I never even gave the use of a badge a second thought. No one was going to share my corporate identity.
My objection here is who sees the information when I am scanned. Who has access to it and will it be shared. I do not think that is impossible. If the information can build a model for the demograpics of such a large successful community and it's operations, can we be sure the information would not be shared or sold to other individuals or companies. Demographics are an important tool in marketing.I think the sale of that information is entirely possible. Call me silly, paranoid or whatever you like. I do not like the policy and I will continue to disagree with it, as that is my right. I will also "follow the rules" as some suggest but not willingly,again because in this free country I can.