View Single Post

Old 01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default Re: Internet shopping

I notice a lot of "when the shipping is free" I do it. I also look for free shipping, but beyond that I look for best price. By that I mean what does the final bill look like including shipping. Many times I have found some place where I pay for shipping but the total price is still less. The internet allows me to almost always find the lowest price for an item. Example. I wanted to replace my cook top which was electric with a 6 burner gas cooktop. The hole was already there in the corian so I needed the exact same size or slightly bigger. The vent was a down draft so I needed one where the vent hook up was in the same place. So started searching and finally found a Jenn-aire model that was a very close match. Did a search on the model number and found many places that sold it and took the one with the lowest total price. It arrived 3 days later and got it installed that weekend and was again a happy cook. Ten years ago I could have never done that no matter how many stores I went to. And parts for things like my old furnace humidifier, found them on the net. Again 10 years ago would have had to replace it. Have even bought shower glass enclosures from eshower.com and they had to be crated and shipped, but still less then half what the local dealer wanted.

It is changing how we spend our money more dramatically then credit cards.