View Single Post

Old 01-30-2015, 04:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ya got something against McLin and Burnsed, Bonanza?

They close for The Villages and undoubtedly the Villages sell more homes than any other developer in the country. The Villages are reputable and above board company. Mclin and Burnsed are associated closely to The villages if not completely owned by them.

We were in Cincinnati...the other couple was in New Jersey. They did all things necessary, the arrangement for surveying, the arrangement for title search, sending letters to both of us. Calling us on the phone They were polite, warm, exact, skilled, on time and I have NEVER heard anyone on this forum say they weren't perfect. The price seemed reasonable to both of us. (We spit the cost)

I have nothing against McLin & Burnsed. I didn't say anything negative about them. I agree they probably sell more houses than any other developer, but percentage-wise, they may not. The bottom line is it doesn't matter.

If you were in one city and the buyer was elsewhere, that is the easiest kind of closing a title company or lawyer can have. It's called a "mail-away." I'm sure they were professional but please don't say they are perfect. I speak from personal experience and there isn't any title company or attorney who hasn't made a mistake once in a while.

Also, you probably didn't "split" the cost. There are fees which are peculiar to a buyer and the same holds true for the seller. The costs are not all the same.