View Single Post

Old 01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Scanning Your TV ID card.

OK the main data base may contain some private information (not certain what), but you and I already provided whatever information they asked for when we became residents of TV. I never received any type of disclosure statement when I provided this information and If someone wanted to, im sure that information could already be sold. However that said, I cant even imagine what scanning at a rec center or ______ club could be of any value to someone other than providing information to TV that the participant is a valid dues paying resident and to collect some numbers for determining what is used to most/least. Please enlighten me otherwise!! The scan itself does not retrieve information from the main data base (other than verifying a vaild paying RESIDENT), but I see where it could add to it.

You can carry this to a real scare tactic that TV is collecting information everytime we scan our proximity card to enter a village gate. Lets talk about TOTV , we know there are tracking programs ( ie pages looked at per month etc) but how about programs that follow every key stroke you or I make, what boards/advertisers you visit, negative comments made against the establishment. Now are you less likely to use TOTV...I doubt it.

When you visit a new Doctor for the first time, the office requires you to fill out a questionaire proving all sorts of personal, financial and medical/drug information..do you question the purpose/value of giving up this information especially if you donot comply, the reply would be Sorry we cannot treat you without it. I wont even go into the new Governemnt "REAL ID" program that was announced this week.

Any information you provide anyone is only as safe as the weakest link in the system!Again the topic is important, and one should secure their personal identity information as much as possible. However I think you are making ......as they say "a mountain out of a mole hill" regarding the scanning of TV ID cards. The best we could ask for is a discloure statement but Im not certain one is required. Such a statement would state how the information scanned is /would/could be used and would any of it be used for a 3rd party financial gain....until the weakest link breaks!!!