Thread: Don't get taken
View Single Post

Old 01-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I paid a deposit to The Villages before they would build my home, Pikes Electric before they would order my lights, to Nickel Tile before they would order my back splash, Michelle's Hide a Way, the people who put the drawers in under my cabinet and the custom cabinet maker before he built my murphy bed. I had no problem with it and felt pretty secure they were mostly making sure that I had skin in the game before they bought the supplies to do the work.

I don't work for Mansfield Landscaping.. But for the sake of argument... let's say I do.... He still doesn't take any money up front. To my knowledge... he's the only landscaper who doesn't. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)
Not true. Jamie's didn't take any $ up front for our landscaping, Brandon didn't take any $ up front for our friends'. This was in 2011 and 2012. Stellar didn't want $ up front for our landscaping (we didn't use him), and neither did one other landscaping co. we got an estimate from, whose name I cannot remember.

We had living and dining room tiled, lanai tiled, front walk bricked, extra lock security work done, and electrical work done in the lanai. We paid up front for none of it.