View Single Post

Old 01-31-2015, 05:49 AM
Sage
Default You truly have the best of three worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
senior citizen - Congrats on your decision! You, like us, will have the best of all worlds having time and space for family, away from family, and occasionally taking select family on outings with you!

Should you and yours ever venture back to the Villages during snowbird season or into N.J. during the height of our tourist season, please lemme know as I am sure we would have a grand time talking about old and new haunts from the Mid-Atlantic thru New England!

Great minds think alike, for sure !!

You truly have the best of THREE WORLDS.

We have fond memories of the entire Maine seacoast plus interior Maine up to Moosehead Lake......etc. We'd like to rent a big modern family log cabin up there for another family reunion.
The lake is as smooth as glass & the water is clean & clear.
Very peaceful.

Ours seem to like the "destination" get togethers.....plus all of the little cousins can play together..........everyone we know LOVES children......this year we will have "7" little ones.......no doubt NOT for a retirement community.

Ditto for the New Jersey beaches: Wildwood Crest, Seaside Heights, Ortley Beach, Asbury Park, Long Beach Island & all the smaller seaside towns inbetween..........our youthful haunts plus places we rented in , on the beach, when we were young.

In the 1970's we began going to the New Hampshire & Maine beaches, plus Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket, as they were closer (from Vermont).......so it's been awhile since we were at the Jersey shore........or "renting a cottage there".

My brother lives right near Point Pleasant Beach. He's 80 now.
Also, I have a cousin, retired policeman from New York City, who also owns a home at Point Pleasant Beach......

I knew you would "get it"........thanks.