View Single Post

Old 01-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

None if this matters. Whether you love or hate the Pats is irrelevant. Whatever the findings ultimately are is totally inconsequentail. It will be another black mark against the Pats.

Fans will defend the under inflation as they have the video taping and the plowing of the field for their kicker. And please remember that just because something is legal doesn't make it morally right. Non-fans will continue to rail against the Pats.

Fact: Tom Brady is a great QB and a truly decent guy.

Fact: Belichick skirts the line and will take any advantage he can. There is a reason Shula calls him Belicheat.

FACT: the Pats don't need any edge. They are a great franchise right now whether those of us who dislike them want to admit it or not.

Defending the Pats is not going to make an iota of difference to any of this. Railing against the Pats and the tarnishing of the purity of the game is not going to make an iota of difference to any of this. The Super Bowl will be played. Either the much loved/loathed Pats will win or the Seachickens will win. We will all enjoy the commercials and possibly the halftime show. Odds are that Monday discussions will be had about the latter two and little will be said about the actual game.

Personally, I will keep on loathing the Pats, I will keep the Dolphins close to my heart (but they almost lost me when they hired Johnson, whom I detest even more that the Pats) and I will happily cheer when the Niners win a game.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein