Thread: Frogs
View Single Post

Old 01-31-2015, 04:56 PM
Sage
Default Frogs

I'm just bored and thought I'd see if I could start a discussion for the full-timers here in TV. I know it's probably been discussed a bunch, but I don't really recall much recently, so what the heck...

I'm starting my second year here, so I'm still a novice at learning the differences between the busy season and the summer. Crowds obviously, but I'd like to hear anything you have to say related to being a frog...or not.

So far, I can say I really enjoyed our one summer here. I have my Dad's genes and he just loved the heat. Never heard him complain even once about the heat after moving from Ohio. I like playing golf late on a summer day, finishing up as the sun sets. I don't really get the same feeling on a crowded course when the sun goes down at 5 or 6 o'clock. And the cost of playing the championship courses after 5:00?!!? Can't beat that! But it's not just the golf. I like the general 'feel' of the summer, as intangible as that might be.

I like the winter too. Has it's own appeal...the vitality of all the crowds, cool/cold evenings, football, all the other peak season stuff. But I do really like being here year-round so far. I'd love to hear your thoughts.