Thread: Frogs
View Single Post

Old 02-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The heat I can tolerate. The humidity about kills me. Just can't get used to it. As a kid, I loved most of the countries we lived but I loathed Panama cause it rained every afternoon and the air was oppressive. Same thing here in August. Otherwise, I find the weather bearable year round. I'm rarely cold and chuckle when I see folks out dressed for blizzard weather. If the nothing didn't have snow and icy roads, I'd probably move but it does so I won't.

There are two similar times of the year I hate. I especially hate driving my cart during those seasons and since I gave my car to my daughter, I really hate those two periods of time. To me, the visitors are truly unwelcome. Lovebugs are the bane of my life here.

I love the vitality and joy the snowbirds and renters bring to TV. They make waiting in line to eat or whatever worth the extra time. Coming from SF, the traffic is really not a factor to me. I like the discounts we get during the slow season. We frogs get the best weather to ourselves and can just enjoy the outdoors with few visitors to worry about. All in all, TV is great year round except when those pesky lovebugs are here and at least they're harmless.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein