View Single Post

Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage
Default A Lefties Club---anyone, anyone?

I'm left handed and this morning I played with someone else who is left handed. Even though I play almost everyday with strangers, playing with another lefty doesn't happen too often. Everytime I play with a lefty I ask them if they were ever in a foresome of lefties. The answer is always "no" with one exception.

I played with a lefty from Canada who is in a club of lefties. Some of them golf together.

Only a lefty or maybe the mom of a lefty [sorry dads] would understand that we are indeed different. We overcome a world of right handedness whether we realize it or not. They put us on first base, right field and hope we can pitch or box. Scissors hurt our thumbs until they made special ones. I have been seated in a special seat so that my left arm does not bump into anyone soup spoon [as if lefties have spastic left arms]. We are always translating directions. It goes on and on.

Just once I would like to be in a room full of lefties. Your right handed spouses can't come. I wonder what it would feel like. I wonder what we would talk about. I wonder what we have in common. I wonder if by nature, since we accommodate more than others we see thing differently. I know statistically we don't live as long.

Is there such a lefty club here? Is there any interest.