View Single Post

Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I.Q. is innate. A good education can cause you to score better on standardized tests but it really does not change your ability.

So having a lot of colleges is a nice thing, but doesn't mean that you have smarter people. AND having a high I.Q. may mean you have certain measurable abilities but it doesn't mean you will be more successful in life. It HELPS sometimes, but sometimes you end up only dressing funny.

Most people love the culture and the landscape of the place where they were born and grew up. A nice Ohio farmer would challenge whether a person born in a huge city had more tolerance for others. THAT is a value. I often wonder whether people from large cities ever understand what it is like to live in a rural place for their formative years. Senior, you have lived in a large city and in a less populated area.

Diversity is an interesting thing. I ended up on a street in a nice suburb in Cincinnati that had people from very diverse areas of the world. Many people who came in to work for General Electric and Proctor and Gamble chose our area because of the good school system and nice homes.

I found that people were pretty much the same. Most were hard workers and all loved their children. There were different ways that people were taught to maintain their homes. Our next door neighbors from India had always had servants and they were always asking us for advice on buying things like lawn mowers and what to do about home maintenance. They were kind and peace loving and bright and funny and we LOVED them.

So in the middle of a suburb in Ohio we had people born in Asia, Europe, and Africa. But they all put up Christmas lights when I asked them too.

I never thought it might be intrusive or rude. But I guess it was. I was on the committee for Lumenaria and they graciously bought their bags and candles and lit them on the 24th.

I think that where you live and what you love about it is always personal and reflects if you usually love people.