View Single Post

Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default warning: MEREDITH'S AUTO CLINIC lady lake

To whom it may concern...for years I have used Meredith's auto clinic at 40739 CR 25 in Lady Lake to work on our vehicles. I have recommended this mechanic for years on here as a reputable business.
I now am afraid I have to retract that recommendation.
In Oct of 2014 we moved from Fla to Ohio. We took our truck to Meredith's to get it road worthy and checked out. We were told we needed a new transmission, new brakes, tune up yada yada...
While traveling downhill at RUSH HOUR thru Atlanta Ga our brakes went out while pulling a boat.
We safely, by the grace of God made it over 6 lanes of rushing traffic to the side of the road. Our vehicle had to be towed to a mechanic in which he found NO NEW PREMIUM BRAKES had been installed on the rear of the truck we had about 10% left. The master cylinder went out by the way....this is how we found out that the brakes were not completed or we would not have known until the rotors were probably screaming and needed turned.
To make a long story short, we have called numerous times and have spoken to Matt Meredith. He told us to get the brakes done, send him the bill and the old brakes. This was done in November of 2014 per his instructions. To date, no refund has been made and no call has been returned by Matt or Oren Meredith. When we get him on the phone it is one excuse after another. I HIGHLY retract my recommendations on this business and it's practice. Today I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of central fla. and am expecting a full refund of services/labor which was paid in full/cash on a job that was not performed.
If you use this company I would check your bill and have another mechanic check their work.