View Single Post

Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with those who say everything can be adjusted by means of the the remote or a tap on the aid itself. I know environmental and volume changes can be made but these alone do not give me what I need.

There are many types of hearing aids and many types of hearing disabilities. My disability requires bass and treble adjustments especially in large public environments. The remote cannot make this adjustment. It requires the use of the Smart app on my phone to give me this functionality.

I am not going to quit going to movies because I have a hearing disability that you do not approve of. And the suggestion of leaving my seat to go elsewhere and make the adjustment will not work either - adjustments vary from each location. Additionally I would think that easing out of the seat to go make an adjustment and then easing back in after the movie begins would disrupt more people than making a 30-second low brightness adjustment on my phone.

The use of cell phones can be abused but there are many legitimate and necessary uses for them as well. I was hoping my original post would bring awareness to the fact that cell phones are used for more than chit-chat and texting.