Thread: Super bowl
View Single Post

Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
And some pundits are saying that the Pats won the Super Bowl because of a bonehead play by Seattle. Whatever.

IMO Tom Brady, Bill Belechick and the Pats deserve every accolade that is coming their way today...best team ever, best quarterback ever. Nobody can discount four super bowl wins in 15 years and three MVP's for Brady. Very few players and coaches have four super bowl rings.
Are any pundits saying that the only reason Seattle had a chance to win was because of Kearse's horse shoe up his butt, lucky catch on the five yard line?

These things all tend to even out. I know that I, like probably every other Patriots fan was thinking one thing when Kearse made that catch. "David Tyree the second".

On the other hand as bad as I think that the call was, it pretty much worked except for an incredible play by rookie Malcolm Butler. And, even if Seattle had scored a touchdown, the Patriots would have gotten the ball back with plenty of time and all three of their timeouts needing only a field goal to tie. So, Seattle didn't exactly hand them the game. Even with a touchdown, we could have seen overtime.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.