View Single Post

Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinPenn View Post
Super Bowl Sunday 10:30PM and the police are knocking at my front door; Our next door neighbors have been burglarized. I stop by to offer any help they may need I find them, two empty nesters, sitting in their ransacked home in shock "they took all my jewelry" They had been at a Super Bowl party. I offer to watch the home when they are away..(I know cows already out of the barn). She says they won't be back..I am not so sure. She is just over chemo for breast cancer. I head home - a couple of hundred yards - sick to my stomach.

A few weeks ago I signed up for police alerts in the small crime ridden city where I work (10 miles from home) I am shocked to see one or two shootings, bank robberies, drug bust with hundreds of bags of heroin each and every day. I knew it was bad but I had no idea. The local paper has an expose on crime and the heroin problem in the city..

on Friday a colleague tells me the police came to his home owners association meeting and said the criminals are now hitting the suburbs. Knock on door if no one is home rob the place.

I take the lock off the shotgun... Dum I know but I sleep better. I have an alarm, low voltage exterior lights and a back up 65lb alarm with teeth. Not much else I can do.
Ray, your post intrigued me and sent me searching the Internet. Pennsylvania certainly has a serious heroin problem. I found story after story of the overdose and abuse problem that is now plaguing your beautiful state. It is very disturbing that the deadly and very addictive drug is being used more and more by our youth today. It is very sad. There are some seriously sick individuals in our society-regardless of where you live.

When something like this occurs we are all touched in a way. Like the ripple effect. Just by reading about it on a website forum and realizing the chain of people affected in the cycle is disturbing. A women recuperating from cancer treatments who is trying to enjoy a gathering of friends, you and your family, other neighbors, co-workers, police officers...I hope you all find a way to help each other as a community and to stay safe and happy.

No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania's heroin problem, report says | TribLIVE