Thread: Stone on house
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Yes, you definitely need to have it approved. We added stone (real stone, not the fake stone) to the front of our home last July and used All Masonry, LLC out of Apopka. They were great to deal with. Walt did the stone work on Burke's BBQ on 466A, that's how I found him. He does a lot of work in Disney also. Their phone # is (407) 886-3105. I dealt with Patti, Walt's wife on the selection. Go to Eldorado Stone - Stone Veneer, Architectural Stone and Brick Products and Real Stone Veneers of Tennessee to see stone options. We used a ledge stone. Have fun, it will make a huge difference. Also, don't paint the area you want to add the stone to.
That's looks great. It's something TV should offer as a option. That's my one complaint with the rancher homes is the all vinyl siding makes the home look kind of boxy. In Maryland a lot of homes and condos are built with vinyl siding and they'll add stone trim and it makes a major difference. It also makes it easier to charge a lot more for the home.