View Single Post

Old 02-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I am seriously thinking about getting a puppy. I am saying puppy as I want to train her to use an indoor potty and I think a puppy would be easier to train.

Today we have over 20 inches of "new" snow and the overnight temperature is supposed to be 2 below. Two weeks ago it was 22 below wind chill! Yikes. So, I started thinking about an indoor potty! A lot of my DC friends used indoor potties for their dogs so I knew it was possible!

I have been searching the internet for weeks for puppies and watching YouTube videos on grooming for a Shih Tzu. I am becoming a big fan of YouTube and especially Winnie the Tzu!

Anyway, a link popped up for the Puphead Potty by PupGear Corp and I watched the video. It looks like a great ideai. It has a tray for a changeable pee pad and then artificial turf. The lady on You Tube used cat litter instead of the pee pad and loved it.

The Puphead is a little pricey but I found it is lot cheaper through the comapny than Amazon!

Has anyone tried the Puphead? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Sable, don't forget that puppies still need exercise and walks, even if they are trained to go indoors.
My girlfriend in Canada just got a rescue with sensitive feet and she has to put booties on him every time they go for a walk.
I understand your excitement over the idea of getting a dog, but please don't forget, they are a ton of work when they are puppies.
Best of luck to you. There is no better companion than a dog!