Thread: TOTV Newsletter
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
A political forum sounds like it could be very interesting. Chances are that it would evolve very quickly into mudslinging with quotes from candidates that made a slip of the tongue or a campaign worker made a gaffe. Everyone gets on top of those right away even though it is not the intent of whatever was said.

There are both liberals and conservatives here in The Villages. It would be interesting to hear valid viewpoints from both sides.

I really doubt if anyone's mind would be changed over comments or posts on a political forum but it would be interesting to see how others think.

Oh, you can be sure that there will be some shooting of the messengers when the posters cannot shoot down the message!

Your point about seeing how other people think is to me one of the best contributions that is made by having the political forum. Understanding why they think the way they do is also important to me - if I can understand one, I probably am understanding many.

What can be disappointing is finding out that there really are folks who just believe the 'talking points' and will not try to see beyond them or investigate and learn from other's opinions.

The political forum was always a great myriad of learning experiences to me. I am so happy to have its return!