Thread: TOTV Newsletter
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Now, you have been in the old political forum and thus will not surprise you if I say, that "political" should mean current events and discussion of the issues that confront us daily.

Coming in with an attitude like this will hurt.....it is supposed to be an exchange of ideas on issues, and NEVER aimed at individuals

As far as your comment about the President, the President is the leader of our country. If you are not happy with the policy of the country, then I suppose any disatisfaction could be construed as aimed at the President. HOWEVER, unless anyone actually attacks him personally, that is what the office is all about.

As you recall from way back in Political when you were an active member, our previous President took a lot of heat also, and it goes with that territory.

I would hope that any forum is not about attacking individuals as you imply, but a frank open discussion of ISSUES.

There is much to learn from each other, if we listen and respect.

You are right that a forum is not about attacking individuals but should be a frank open discussion of issues. On just about any current event issue on the forum, it degrades quickly to personal attacks on one of the political parties or leaders. A "for example" would be a recent one in which the poster stated that the world needs a leader and not a community organizer. That comment, while being the opinion of the poster, did not lend any help to the issue and was a personal attack on the President, in my viewpoint.

I will wait to get on a Political forum until candidates are better defined and will be waiting to see and respectfully discuss constructive viewpoints with other posters.