Thread: TOTV Newsletter
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
You are right that a forum is not about attacking individuals but should be a frank open discussion of issues. On just about any current event issue on the forum, it degrades quickly to personal attacks on one of the political parties or leaders. A "for example" would be a recent one in which the poster stated that the world needs a leader and not a community organizer. That comment, while being the opinion of the poster, did not lend any help to the issue and was a personal attack on the President, in my viewpoint.

I will wait to get on a Political forum until candidates are better defined and will be waiting to see and respectfully discuss constructive viewpoints with other posters.
Well, you object to that post because you support the President in all he does and that is fine and acceptable.

My personal problem is those who do no research, make things up to try and make a point, and can offer a number of examples of that. If you object to that particular comment, and I certainly would never have made such a post and leave it on its own, you might want to ignore this forum all together. NO PRESIDENT in our history has not had such statements made about them.

I see this particular issue as a problem. Those who run for office and are elected and then want NO criticism, no matter how presented, are then looking at the process as a "run for office" with no further obligations to listen to anyone or be subject to criticism. THAT is a problem because once your become elected, your responsibility is to a bigger audience....those who supported you and those who did not because you do not pick your constituency !

I am excited in a reserved manner. So many posters that I KNOW from the past with new names do not appear to be able to change their ways. I just am excited that maybe with new regs, etc. there can actually be an exchange of opinions WITH SOME SORT OF INTELLIGENT REASONS given, and not the one liners.

We shall see.