Thread: AK-47's
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
After I read an article in today's Daily Sun about an 18 year old boy accidently shooting a friend with an AK-47 (pointed the gun at the friend and pulled the trigger), I Googled to see if owning an AK-47 was legal in Florida.

It is legal to own a semi-automatic AK-47 if you are at least 18 years old.

Amazing, but llegal.
There are many variations of the so called AK-47. Most people think of the menacing picture of a carbine with a curved ammunition magazine. There are variants made in many countries.

I have seen SKS versions that you could hardly distinguish from a hunting rifle, and in fact have seen one used for deer hunting.

The problem is not the weapon. The problem is the idiot who pointed it at another person and pulled the trigger.

We lived in Mississippi when our son was a sophomore in high school. He was REQUIRED to take a gun safety and hunting safety course by his school because of the number of kids who went hunting with their dads. He is now approaching 40 and is completely comfortable and safe with guns.