Thread: Measles
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 04:24 PM
n/a

Default Measles

There was a thread on the regular board recently, which started out as an attempt to mock some members of a political party that the OP does not like at all, but I have some questions of those in the medical field or otherwise about all this publicity.

Ok...I know what is occuring and I even know why, ie. the study that said do not get shots because it may cause autism. I got all that. I have tried to do my due diligence and read a bit on this.

1. Last year in an Amish community there were over 300 cases reported which accounted for over half of ALL cases last year. It was reported by not so mucn.

2. We have many news stories now about the vaccination process, etc. and I understand how it began, etc.

3. We are at a point where such grief is being spread through the media about schools not allowing children to come to school unless vaccinated. EVERY state in the union says you must get vaccinated, HOWEVER, 48 of the 50 allow for exceptions based on religion, etc.

4. Political folks are being asked about it and it is reported nationwide what they say, including the President of the US. In 2008 during the campaign it was a small issue but then, the study linking measles to autism had not been debunked as of yet.

5. Studies show that a formula is used to determine the percentage required to be vaccinated to call a disease non exsistant or not a threat.

Ok....questions....

If those children not allowed in school do not have vaccinations, who are the schools protecting if that means everyone else in the school was vaccinated ?

I read that the vaccine is 95% accurate thus who are we protecting or alarming with all this media discussion ?

WHY was this headlines news when a few political folks responded to questions about it ?

Not downplaying anything but just not getting how this fits in anyway into the political arena.