Thread: War on ISIL
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm a liberal Democrat, I know a rarity in the villages. That said there comes a time when we just have to say, Enough! We need to go after these barbarians with everything we have, and then clean up that little mess in Africa where they are butchering children.
I do not believe you are a rarity at all. I have lived here for 15 years and while there is no doubt more Republicans than Democrats (I do not know the registration numbers) it is more mixed than many think. DO NOT JUDGE anything by what you read on here. It does not reflect reality.

On the fight with ISIL, this will play into those who think this is all about bashing the President.

First, I do not envy the spot he is in now. It is a very tenuos and difficult situation figuring out how to fight this.

BUT, If he had been less political and allowed the occupation of Iraq to continue, and he could have no matter what he says, no ISIL. Had he gotten involved even just a little...no ISIL. They filled the vacuum created by our inaction.

Having said that, I pray that someone comes up with a plan. I think the situation needs a big BOOM from us to show the world we mean it. I think the President thinks the problems in the mid east will stay there if we just leave it alone. I do not know, but what a gamble not use our best weapon..our military force.