View Single Post

Old 02-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Bogart/Bacall get just as much business as Pelican/Heron. Would you agree?
The conditions of Bogart/Bacall, especially with tight lies is superior to Heron/Pelican. Would you agree?
I did the math and it is amazing that any exec course is playable at all. You guys are great.
But why are some execs better then others if the same team is managing them all? I asked the starter that question today at Bogart. He didn't know.If you don't rake a trap it doesn't affect me, I'll lift, clean and place. If you make a ball mark and forget to fix it, I will.
The same team isn't doing maintenance on all the courses. There are now four different companies doing the job. They each have specific courses they are responsible for. There have been some companies whose contracts were not renewed because the courses did not meet the standards established. The new contractor will need some time to get the courses where they should be. Unfortunately, this is not the ideal season to grow bermuda, which is the base grass on all the courses.

The areas around the greens can be a challenge as that is where the most traffic occurs, including cart traffic from players with the RA sleeves. This is also the time of year when the courses get the most play. Perfect storm.

The Texas wedge is a good shot when the lie is thin and there is not obstruction between you and the hole.