Thread: Roundabouts
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 10:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Me too and my head swiveling on the lookout in every direction possible.

In 10 years I have been hit twice in the roundabouts. While doing my 10 mph and side swiped by someone not yielding and into the inside lane where I happened to be.

In each case the other driver admitted fault.....it was very obvious to anybody viewing the aftermath positions. And in bot instances the classic answer....I did not see you!!!!

There are far too many near misses daily in every circle.

The supposed premise of needing two lanes to keep the volume of traffic moving which would look impressive in a presentation. Is overwhelmed by the facts of age of the drivers and their varying abilities behind the wheel. The overwhelming number of newbies to the area plus those who are only for short lengths of time hence a very high number who are not familiar with the rules of roundabouts. Add to them the Mario Andretti types that blindly forge ahead.

Many solutions have been offered...all good ones. None proven to work in TV.

Defensive driving and always assume the car next to you will move into your lane, or will not yield, or most certainly will not use their turn signal or give you a break. By doing so you will only have accomplished reducing the odds.
Single lane RABs have been tried and proven not to work in TV?