View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I would suggest that the parents who are against vaccination should start looking into what we have done to the food chain over the past 30+ years.

Hormones injected into cattle to produce more milk!
Injecting feeder/finisher beef cattle with hormones to obtain better growth and feed efficiency!
Cement dust in their feed to bulk up cattle!
Feeding animal parts to cattle - mad cow disease!
Injecting antibiotics into their animals for something or other!
and the list goes on and on ............

IMHO we are killing our own. Animals are supposed to be grass fed, not fed garbage to make money for the farming company.

If you have the time you might find some interesting information in this article Milk: It Does a Body Good? | Weston A Price. And by now, you will have realized I am a health nut!
I have never been a fan of pushing cow's milk on kids. So many are allergic to it. Cow's milk--made for baby cows. Breast milk--made for baby humans.

It's why I'm disgusted with Nestle and won't buy their products--because they took their infant formula over to third-world countries and convinced the new mothers there it was better for their babies than their own milk, especially because (they said) the mothers didn't get proper nutrition. What happened was since they couldn't afford the proper amount of formula, the mothers starting diluting it with water, making it even less nutritious for their babies, and the babies didn't thrive. A greedy company not the least bit concerned with ethics.

Now we see Pepsi trying to modify milk.

But off topic. Sorry.