Thread: War on ISIL
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sounds as some posters want American troops on the ground fighting ISIS or flying bombing runs.

ISIS would absolutely love to capture a few American soldiers. They would be executed in a horrible way and the video played worlwiide.

After a few or several of those horrible executions, do you think the average American would have the mindset to petition the government to withdraw or would a tougher resolve? In my viewpoint, it would weaken the will of most people and we the people would want to leave ISIS to the mid-east.
I do not think that is the case...wanting all you say the posters want.

I think what we want is a plan...all we have had are lectures based on generalizations.

I totally understand that providing details is not smart and that is not what I am talking about. Some days we fly and bomb....some days we do this and that. It is tough to make that call , I understand.

I would be scared to death of groundtroops for sure.

Keep in mind, we lost an american woman today, who was in Syria working with the poor children, many of which were slaughtered, raped and maimed while we stood silent, EVEN AFTER DRAWING A RED LINE.

How do you think these people came into such power ?

I will be honest....I do not have the answer......I have fears of ground troops and too much involvement.

HOWEVER, our President was warned about the consequences of leaving Iraq as he did when he had options....our President was warned about the consequences of ignoring Syria when he had options. So now we have what we have.