View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
If you question what the doctor orders, he/she will take it that you are questioning their competence. They don't like it and they will give you a quick/abrupt answer, at which time they will get up and walk to the exit. If you don't understand and you persist in questioning them, they will think of you as a trouble-maker. Many don't have time for questions and you would have to wrestle them to the ground as they run for the exit. When they start walking toward the door, that means the visit is over, period!!!

The only time it's different from what I described is when they have lots of time because they don't have enough patients. But in that case, I still don't think they welcome a lot of questions because it suggests you doubt their competence.
Average doctor visit grows -- by 32 seconds over 10 years | World News & Nursing Report. Nursing Journals : American Society of Registered Nurses

Go Moho, if you scroll down to where it says, "percentage of people...." I would say I'm probably in the 17.4 percent group. Because I don't have any health issues it's assumed I don't need much time and shouldn't ask too many questions. Other patients with multiple health issues are likely in the 36.1%, 36.8% or one of the other two groups where they get huge amounts of time. So when the doctor is running behind schedule, which is often the case, he comes to me and depends on me to help him get back on schedule.

Notice in my above (quoted) statement I said, "Many don't have the time for questions....." I didn't say all doctors. It depends on the individual's health status etc..

That pesky little word "many" makes a big difference, doesn't it?