Thread: War on ISIL
View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 06:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The Iraq Invasion cost over 4,000 dead Americans, thousands maimed, and thousands more psychological wounded - all for NOTHING.

Can anyone disprove that?
Just wondering can you look in your crystal ball and tell us what will happen if we leave Iran alone with their nuclear bombs. You can't prove what hasn't happened. Who knows what Saddam might have been capable of if given time. I don't know if the war was the right thing or the wrong thing, but I do know at the time both parties supported the action and I always wondered why Saddam kept bragging about his "weapons of mass destruction" when he knew we were coming for him. Maybe if he had said I don't have any such thing come and look things would have been different.
Maybe if a sinkhole had swallowed Iraq things would be different. But they went down the way they were supposed to for whatever reason and now we have to deal with this. And please don't forget we were attacked several times in our country by these terrorists before we took any action. They were already out to get us - we just exposed them sooner rather than later.