View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Thank you to the guest who posted, "What is missing is any chance of compromise and that I put squarely on the tea party." The statement provided me with the best laugh of my day!

Obama, his minions and the media frequently remind us of the coalitions he has built and with whom the United States is standing up to terrorists and their acts of terror. That makes me wonder why, if he is such an excellent coalition builder, has he not built a coalition with Republicans who have been elected to office. Is a coalition not a diverse group of people who come together to work to achieve a common goal? Would the President and his Cabinet, the Senate and House not be groups of diverse elected and appointed officials who should be working together to blend the red states and blue states into purple states and/or be working for the common good of this nation? Where has the President's negotiation and compromise been to build a coalition with that goal?

Ideologues do not build coalitions. Negotiation and compromise are not virtues which ideologues aspire to embrace due to their dogmatic adherence to personal principles. As is mentioned on this website A thought experiment: name all the Obama compromises with the GOP | Flopping Aces when Obama says he welcomes compromise with the Republicans he really means that he welcomes capitulation from them.

If truly interested in and in favor of and desirous for negotiation and compromise, would Obama have made it ever so clear that he has a "pen and a phone" and would use it as he sees necessary. Why does he threaten to veto legislation rather then pledge to develop legislation that can serve diverse constituents and meet their diverse needs. Only an ideologue or a clairvoyant would claim that they know what is for everyone else...and Obama has proven time and again that he is no clairvoyant!

Your post reminds me of a comment made to me last weekend in discussing various political issues facing this country.

This guy was a huge big time Obama fan, a devoted Democrat. He said and this is paraphrasing of course....

I am disappointed generally in what he has done and not done but maybe my biggest single disappointment has been not only his lack of cooperation with Republicans, but more specifically, his total and scary lack of attempt to even engage them.

I recall vividly the word SCARY as he said it because I have never heard that phrase used.