Thread: AK-47's
View Single Post

Old 02-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I guess these last few posts point out differences in people's experiences and expectations. My son, for example, started playing the double bass in the 5th grade. He had the same classroom music instructor form then to end of high school, and their orchestra won awards all over the state. He didn't start taking lessons until he was a sophomore in high school. In fact, he didn't even get a bass of his own till then. The art and music programs in his school were excellent, as they were in my own.

As for guns vs wasp spray, I'm glad your daughter is okay, BTK. I personally would have gone with the wasp spray, especially since I don't have a gun. So I'm with Walter on that one.

The education opportunities for myself and our children and grandchildren were very, very good and included advanced placement courses and wonderful art and music classes that were not for deadbeats.

One of the things I find hard in The Villages is that we all seem to think that our area of the country does things or has things or experiences things in the same way as all other areas of the country..

I got into a heated argument with a retired New York Police officer who told me I was misinformed about the area of Ohio where I lived and the fact that it had one murder in twenty years with close to a hundred thousand in population.

We come with preconceived ideas because our experiences give us those ideas.

I was at first shocked and surprised to find people who had guns who didn't hunt, but the world is changing. I would rather the good guys have guns. And maybe someday I will too.